Recipe & Image Source: Tastes Lovely
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- 1 pound Italian sausage casings removed
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic finely grated or minced
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat. Cook the sausage in the olive oil, breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon until almost cooked thru, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the onion, salt and pepper, and cook until turning translucent, another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add in the sweet potatoes, chicken stock and bay leaf. Cook partially covered over medium heat until the sweet potatoes are tender, 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf, and add in the kale. Continue to cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until the kale is tender. Turn off heat, taste for salt and pepper, add more if necessary. Serve warm.